Change of Registered Office
The registered office is an official address where a company is incorporated or registered. All the official communications made to the company are addressed to the registered office which is also displayed in the master data of the company. In case of any change in address, it must be updated with MCA, although the office is changed within the same city. Companies Act prescribes a specified process to be followed to change the address. The process of registered office change depends on where the office is shifted to i.e. within the city, within the jurisdiction of RoC or to other State. In all cases, consent from shareholders and the approval from concerned RoC is compulsory.
Reasons to have Register for an Office
There are many reasons to have Registered for a place of the company:
- For receiving documents, official letters and reminders by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs and other authorities.
- Forgoing on the activities of the business.
- For maintenance of books of accounts.
- For determining the domicile of a company.
Documents required to change company address
- Digital Signature Certificate-DSC of one of authorised director to be provided
- Business Address Proof-Electricity Bill/ Telephone Bill/ Gas Bill of the new address
- NOC from owner-No Objection Certificate to be obtained from the owner of registered office
- Rent Agreement-Rent Agreement or conveyance deed of the registered office