What is form DIR-3 KYC?
Filing DIR-3 KYC is a part of annual KYC conducted by Ministry of Corporate Affairs. MCA has announced mandatory annual KYC for all DIN holder w.e.f. 10th July 2018 by inserting Rule 12A to Companies (Appointment and Qualifications of Directors) Rules, 2014. This compliance is applicable to every individual holding DIN with ‘Approved’ status and also to those who are disqualified.
This being annual requirement, every DIN holder has to fulfill the compliance with respect to every financial year. The common due date for filing is 30th April of immediate next financial year. The last date (i.e. 15th September, 2018) for filing the form for a person holding DIN on or before 31st March, 2018 has been passed. Therefore, DIN of the person who has failed to file the form will be deactivated. To reactivate the DIN, the concerned person has to file the KYC with fee of INR 5,000 to Government.
However, considering the technical difficulties faced to comply with KYC requirements, the ministry has allowed DIR-3 KYC filing at a reduced fee of Rs 500 for 15 days starting from 21st September 2018 and October 6th 2018 onwards, fee of Rs 5,000 will apply to reactivate DIN.
Important points to be noticed:-
- Filing of DIR-3 KYC would be mandatory for Disqualified Directors also.
- e-Form DIR-3KYC, need to file based on DIRECTOR IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (DIN),
- So even though,if any Director holding multiple Directorship in company,
- then also they need to file e-Form DIR-3 KYC,only once according to their DIN.
Check Points while Filing Form DIR-3KYC:-
- Unique Personal Mobile Number
- Personal Email ID.
- Duly Verified by OTP on Email ID and Mobile No.
- The e-Form should be required to be certified by: Practicing Company Secretary, Practicing Chartered Accountant, Practicing Cost Accountant
- DSC of Director duly Registered;
- Self attested PAN card;
- Self attested Electricity Bill, Mobile Bill, Bank statement of Director(latest 2 Months) of his/her present address;
- Latest Passport size photo;
- DIN declaration cum KYC.
- Passport(mandatory for foreign national holding DIN.
Information required for filing Dir-3 KYC FORM:-
- Personal Mobile No.
- Personal Email ID
- Having a Valid Passport
- Residential status