ABOUT MSME REGISTRATION:
Previously known SSI registered entities are now known and registered as MSME, i.e.; Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium enterprises, categorized based on the annual revenue in business. These entities possess MSME Registration certificate, registered with MSME Department of the Central Government under MSME Development Act, 2006. The Act was enacted for the promotion and growth of the businesses operating at small or medium scale.
Where all major activities were eligible for registration under MSME earlier, trading and other few activities are now specifically excluded from eligibility. Although the registration is voluntary, businesses prefer to obtain MSME registration online due to numerous benefits declared by the government.
What is Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises?
MSME are classified into two categories:
i. Manufacturing enterprise; and
ii. Service enterprise.
They are defined in term of investment in Plant and Machinery/ Equipment as below:
Less than Rs 50,000,000
Less than Rs 100,000,000
Less than Rs 10,00,000
Less than Rs 20,000,000
Less than Rs 50,000,000
Benefits of SSI/MSME Registration
Subsidized rates of loan
- Loan support to Micro, Small and Medium industry is promoted by the government through -distinctly prescribed norms. The registered entity would be able to get their loans passed at a lower rate of interest and with much ease because of the subsidized rates offered to MSME registrants.
Avail 50% rebate on TM application
- Government fees on Trademark Application for entities such as Company, Partnership Firm and LLP are higher compared to individual and proprietorship firms. These entities may claim 50% rebate on the Government fees by submission of MSME registration certificate. Similarly, there is a rebate prescribed in Patent registration also.
Protection against Delayed payment of Buyers
- MSME Registered businesses enjoy protection against delayed payment of buyers. When the buyers have accepted the goods or services, they are liable to pay on time.
Credit Guarantee Scheme
- This is also known as Credit Guarantee Fund Scheme for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE). It is more supportive to small scale industries that provide the credit and income input from various sources to support industries which are under struggle.
Documents Required for MSME Registration
The entity has to submit documents like business address proof, copies of purchase and sale bill, and licenses from regulatory bodies.
- Business Address Proof
- Copies of Sale Bill and Purchase Bill
- Partnership Deed/ MoA and AoA
- Copy of Licenses and Bills of Machinery Purchased
MSME schemes launched by the Government are:
- Udyog Aadhaar memorandum
- Zero Defect Zero Effect
- Quality Management Standards & Quality technology Tools
- Grievance Monitoring System
- Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme
- Women Entrepreneurship
Udyog Aadhaar memorandum:
Aadhaar card is a 12 digit number given to all individuals by the government. In this, the Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement. The benefit of registering in this scheme is ease in availing credit, loans, and subsidies from the government. Registration can be done both ways in the online mode or the offline mode.
Zero Defect Zero Effect:
In this model, goods that are manufactured for export have to adhere to a certain standard so that they are not rejected or sent back to India. To achieve this the government has launched this scheme. In this, if the goods are exported these are eligible for some rebates and concessions.
Quality Management Standards & Quality technology Tools:
Registering in this scheme will help the micro, small and medium enterprises to understand and implement the quality standards that are required to be maintained along with the new technology. In this scheme, activities are conducted to sensitize the businesses about the new technology available through various seminars, campaigns, activities etc.
Grievance Monitoring System:
Registering under this scheme is beneficial in terms of getting the complaints of the business owners addressed. In this, the business owners can check the status of their complaints, open them if they are not satisfied with the outcome.
This scheme helps innovators with the implementation of their new design, ideas or products. Under this from 75% to 80% of the project cost can be financed by the government. This scheme promotes new ideas, designs, products etc.
Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme:
Under this scheme, new technology is provided to the business owners to replace their old and obsolete technology. A capital subsidy is given to the business to upgrade and have better means to do their business. These small, micro and medium enterprises can directly approach the banks for these subsidies.
This scheme is especially started for women who want to start their own business. The government provides capital, counseling, training and delivery techniques to these women so that they manage their business and expand it.
The government has launched a number of more schemes and support system for these enterprises. To know more about the MSME.