Company Name Change
The name of a company or LLP can be changed by the promoters at anytime after incorporation. Some of the major reasons for change of company name are business model change, change of promoters, rebranding, etc., To change the name of a company, shareholders approval is required along with approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. The change of name of a company or LLP however has no impact on the legal entity or its existence. Hence, all assets and liabilities of the entity would continue, while only the name of the company would have been changed.
Change of company name requires passing of a board resolution, obtaining name approval from MCA, passing of a special resolution and applying for approval of new company name to the MCA. If the MCA accepts the application, a new certificate of incorporation is issued. After obtaining the new certificate of incorporation, changes must be made to incorporate and change the MOA and AOA of the company as well.
New Company Name in India
These are some steps mentioned in the procedure in India:
- Board Resolution.
- Check Company Name Applicability.
- Pass Special Resolution for Company Name Change.
- Application for approval of company name change.
- Issuance of New Certificate of Incorporation.
- Make changes of MOA and AOA.
Documents Required for Online Name Change Application
Here is the list of the documents which are required for Online Application:
- An affidavit on a stamp paper, the minimum value should be Rs.10.
- The original newspaper cutting of the name change advertisement. A prescribed perform in printed format duly signed by the applicant and two witnesses.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Photocopies of valid ID proof (PAN card, Aadhar card or passport).
- A CD with a soft copy of the application in. docx format duly filled.
- A letter stating that the content in the hard and soft copy of the application is true.
- A request letter along with the registration fee to the authority.
Benefits of New Name for Business Process in India
There are some benefits to get new name of company process in India:
- By changing the name of your business, you have more aligned with your brand.
- You can also target different demographics after changing your business name.
- You can leverage your experience too.
- It also attracts new customers.
- You can achieve your goals easily.
- Engagement will also increase.
- Streamline Messaging